To keep myself occupied as I plan my next adventure, I am joining 16 other cities and hosting/coordinating an event called MEET PLAN GO!
On October 18, 2011 – 17 cities will host the second annual MEET PLAN GO! event where would be international travelers and sabbatical wanna be’s meet with others who have done just that – GONE ON AN EXTENDED INTERNATIONAL TRIP OR SABBATICAL! Time and locations are still to be determined, but I will keep you posted on the progress in Denver.
Ready to realize your travel dreams? Stop dreaming and start packing! At MEET PLAN GO! you will
- MEET inspirational speakers and like-minded travelers in your city (Austin, Boston, Chicago, DENVER, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, DC, Toronto)
- Get motivation, contacts and resources necessary to PLAN the trip of lifetime!
- Start taking concrete steps forward to get ready to GO!
While extended travel is common in countries such as Australia, New Zealand and the UK, career breaks, life sabbaticals, “gap years” and other forms of extended travel are not currently an American or Canadian birthright… but the Founders of Meet, Plan, Go! are on a mission to change that.
At every event will be individuals who have fulfilled their own dreams of traveling around the world, or are currently in the planning stages. Their real-life stories include an understanding of the unique challenges that all long-term travelers must deal with in order to claim their freedom on the road and who appreciate the unbelievable triumphs of realizing one’s dream of a long-term international adventure.
Read what the NY Times said about the 2010 event: http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/travel/17prac.html?ref=travel
INTERESTED? EXCITED? PANICKED? STILL EXCITED? READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
1. Follow Meet Plan Go! on Facebook at [|http://www.facebook.com/meetplango]]
2. Ready to really get into action – Sign up for the twice a month Career Break Newsletter with tips and articles about how to turn your dream into reality. http://b2b.meetplango.com/community/connect/
3. Meet the different hosts across the country. http://b2b.meetplango.com/2011/04/meet-plan-go-2011-hosts/
Here is what some 2010 attendees said about the event.
“Your event convinced me that my pipe dream of traveling was actually possible…and then gave me tips and tricks on how to accomplish it.” NYC
“A life-inspiring event – covered an amazing amount of relevant material. I would definitely attend another and another until I ‘go!'” San Francisco
For those of you who are planning a life-changing trip, you don’t want to miss one of these events. If you aren’t planning a big trip, but know some who is hoping to in the future, please send them this post and let them that help is available for the asking.
VERY EXCITING TO JUST THINK ABOUT. EVEN BETTER TO GET INTO ACTION WITH IT!
I will do at least a monthly post until the event, or more frequently as things change!
Until I see you all again, please
Travel in Safety.